Another thing I love about Halloween is candy corn! LOVE IT! It looks so darn festive and Halloweeny. So when I saw these at Target I had to buy them. Yes, had. I was compelled. How cool are they?!?!
My daughter loved them. She was having so much fun unwrapping them for the cookies and looked so blissful, I had a hard time getting mad at her when she popped every fourth one in her mouth. She looks so stinkin' happy just touching them, doesn't she???
She did a great job helping. And don't they look festive?
I know there are lots of recipes out there for the peanut butter kiss cookies but my kids aren't real keen on peanut butter cookies. So I wanted a "plain" recipe. Who knew there was an entire Hershey's website with recipes on it! My new favorite site that I will be surfing at all hours of the night. So we made one of the recipes off the site and it was delicious!
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp. baking soda
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* Hershey kisses
* Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
* Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
* Slowly add to butter mixture.
* Refrigerate dough until fim enough to handle.
* Roll into one inch balls.
* Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
* Remove from oven and immediately place a Hersheys kiss in the center of each cookie.
We drizzled ours with white chocolate (because that just sounded good) =o)