Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites & a Swagbucks Tip

You read the name, right? So I don't need to explain why I had to make these when I saw them. The name says it all. And with ingredients like this? I'm in!


Ingredients:
(Found on Picky Palate)
* 21 Oreo cookies
* 3 ounces cream cheese
* pretzels
* melting chocolate (either white chocolate or milk chocolate)

Grind up the Oreos in your food processor. (Good luck not making a mess with this step... or is it just me???)

Add cream cheese and blend until it's a very thick paste consistency.

Take about a teaspoon of Oreo mixture and roll into a ball. Place on top of pretzel.

Top with another pretzel.

Dip in chocolate.

That simple.

Even better tasting!

If they last longer than a day (which mine did not in my house, I would store them in the refrigerator.  It might make the pretzels soggy, though.  I'll have to make them again to see =o)  But I don't think so.

I'm linking up to the parties on my sidebar! =o)

Did you catch my post on Swagbucks? If you missed it, make sure you read it. I'm going to start adding swagbucks clues or tips onto some posts. It'll help you accumulate swagbucks much quicker to earn free stuff. Yes, FREE stuff! I'm already up to 1800 swagbucks in only a couple of months!

Search & Win

So here's my fist tip for you. Make sure you go to the Swagbucks Official Blog everyday to get your bonus word or phrase. It can be worth up to 10 swagbucks!


Labels: , , ,

52 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 6:23 AM , Blogger cocoa and coconut said...

What a great idea! I think this would be addictive!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 6:28 AM , Blogger phasejumper said...

Oreo truffles on pretzels? Genius!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Mickey said...

Perfect teacher gift! Thanks Erin!
mickey

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Lisa @FishyFaceDesigns said...

Erin.....
You have inspired me... I love your blog and I visit often...as you know I do not have grandchildren (YET) thankfully... so I read and pass along to those I know have children because your ideas ROCK>>.
Okay so here it is...
I love your fun food recipes and I think I know just what I can do with them...
I will surprise you soon!
Take care!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

What a great idea! Just when you think the whole cookie/cake ball idea has been exhausted, something like this comes along! Great job!! I'd love for you to stop by and link up to my Sweet Treats Party today! Hope to see you there,
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

 
At May 19, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Amy@happylittleparty.blogspot.com said...

Holy Cow, as if any of these things weren't good enough by themselves! Heading off to make some....
xoxo
amy

 
At May 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Blogger La said...

These sound sinfully delicious!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Joi Montrief said...

These look so amazing! I would love it if you could stop by Heck Fridays tomorrow (Thursday) and post it on our first link party!

http://www.heckfridays.blogspot.com

Hope to see you soon!!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger LocalFunForKids said...

Yum... They look delicious!
Come on over and link up with Fun for Kids Friday. www.localfunforkids.com

 
At May 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum...an Oreo Truffle Sammie!!! ;)

 
At May 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM , Blogger keatseatsblog said...

Thanks for linking up today!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh boy, you sure know the way to make me crave a sweet.

 
At May 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Tiffanee said...

Delicious!! Cannot wait to try this one out!!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Sue said...

What a yuumy, fun little treat! I REALLY need to check out swagbucks! Thanks Erin:)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Sugar Swings said...

wow that sounds so great!!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:35 AM , Blogger ~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I've made the oreo truffles before (oreos and cream cheese, rolled into balls, covered with choc) but never with a pretzel! Sounds great. :)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Brandi said...

Oh my, I didn't need to see this! Guess I'll start my diet next week!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 7:55 AM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

I bet the oreo makes these pretzel bites completely irresistible!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous RavieNomNoms said...

Fantastic idea! I love it....I really love sweet and salty so this would just be perfect for me!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Erin said...

What a great idea! Salty, Sweat and Oreo's - yum!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

What a great addition those would be to a buffet. Were they messy to eat?

 
At May 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering how the oreo was incorporated. Now I know, and I LIKE .)

Thanks for linking up to Make & Share at HOMEmomMADE.

 
At May 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Allison @ Alli 'n Son said...

Brilliant! And oh so easy.

 
At May 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

These are insane! Can't wait to try them! Found you on Hodgepodge :)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Harvesting for Life said...

Wow... I think you just read my mind... Salty and sweet doesn't get much better than this! Those look fantastic!

 
At May 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

Yum....what a great combination of salty, chocolate-y, crunchy goodness

 
At May 20, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, this looks awesome!! Sweet and salty is one of my favorite flavor combos. (As is cream cheese and oreo!)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

That sounds like an incredible flavor combo! Love it! And they look great too! I wish we had swagbucks in India... Sounds so great! Thanks for sharing :)

 
At May 21, 2011 at 6:21 AM , Blogger The Chocolate Priestess said...

Looks so easy and so decadent at the same time.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Peggy said...

I've made the Oreo balls before, but to sandwich them between pretzels - now that I have to try =)

 
At May 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Meg Luby said...

this looks AMAZING! i love the oreo truffles but, they always needed...something. this looks like the perfect something! thanks for sharing! i adore this :)
-meg
@ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

 
At May 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg said...

Happy weekend! Don't forget to come over and share a recipe at Savory Sunday!! (you should share this one!!)

 
At May 22, 2011 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness! I love pretzels with chocolate and then with Oreo cheesecake...wow! I am bookmarking these.

Thanks for the tips on Swagbucks. I did not know that about the site.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 12:05 PM , Blogger Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Oh my gosh, those look so yummy!!!

 
At May 22, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger briarrose said...

I need these....neeeeeed them. The sweet and salty combo dipped in chocolate...delicious.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Yum! These look delicious!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 5:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum! This is my kind of recipe! As always, thank you for linking up over at Fun For Kids Friday.

Jo @ SmileMonsters

 
At May 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Anonymous Lauren at Keep It Sweet said...

I've been wanting to try these! Yours look fantastic!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM , Blogger cre8ivesky said...

Oh my goodness- your right, with those ingredients how can you resist! :) These look great and so simple! Visiting from Dittle Dattle. I've been here many time and can't believe I'm not a follower yet- now I'm your newest :) Hope you have a nice week! Thanks for a super recipe :)

 
At May 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look crazy good! I'm visiting from Melt in Your Mouth Monday! =)

 
At May 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those sound great, I will have to try them!
I saw these on Stay at Home Nation My Favorite Things Party

 
At May 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Erin - another fantastic idea - these look amazing! Thanks again for linking to the Sunday Showcase party. I have featured these too! ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At May 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Anonymous Melissa @ Cajun Sugar Pie said...

Yum! Would love for you to share this on my Memorial Day dessert linky on CajunSugarPie.com!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Kath said...

mm mmm mmm so good!

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

 
At July 12, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

Definitely have to try this decadent version of this combination of yumminess. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing ideas!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 6:49 AM , Anonymous In Katrina's Kitchen said...

Count me in! This is genious!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 11:45 AM , Blogger The Sweet Details said...

hey! just wanted to let you know that i featured you on my blog today! don't forget to link up to savory sunday! the party is still open!

 
At September 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking up on Whisking Wednesdays this week. I hope you'll come back again this week and link up another recipe or two!

http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/09/whisking-wednesdays-17.html

 
At September 16, 2011 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Martha said...

Yum!Who wouldn't love these!! :-)

 
At September 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do these need to be stored since they have cream cheese in them? Do they need to be kept in the refrigerator.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Anonymous Melissa @ Cajun Sugar Pie said...

I featured your pretzel bites on my Whatcha Baking Wednesday Wrap-up! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Becky McNeer said...

These are adorable! Ever made the ones with two ritz crackers, peanut butter, and then dipped in chocolate? YUMMERS! Not Your Ordinary Agent
Not Your Ordinary Recipes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home