Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels


Bacon + cheese + cresent dough = heaven in my book. These were so easy to make and they were so good!!! I was kind of amazed at just how good they were. I ate the entire batch. Really. I'm not just saying that. I ate the entire batch! Yikes!

I got this recipe from the Pillsbury website. They send me an email daily with recipes. It's awesome! They even send me a Pillsbury calendar every year. Again... awesome! =o)

Ingredients:
* 1 can of refrigerated Pillsbury cresent dough
* 2 Tbsp. Ranch dressing
* 1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Unroll the cresent dough and seal any edges pressing into a 12x8 inch rectangle.

Spread ranch dressing over the dough.  Sprinkle on bacon and cheese.

Starting with the short side, roll up.  Mine was a little messy.  I think I doubled the amount of bacon and cheese.  Because, you know, a little is great but a lot is awesome =o)

Slice into about 1/2 inch slices and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for approx. 12 minutes.


They are so darn good warm!  This was my dinner =o)


I'm linking to the parties on my sidebar!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yum! Adding this to dinner tonight!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger The Better Baker said...

Oh my! Some of my most favorite ingredients. I have everything (Love that about the recipes you share!) and think I will make these to enjoy alongside spaghetti for supper tonight. YUUUM!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

My kiddo would definitely like this one!! I just got my Pillsbury calendar! :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Lois Christensen said...

These look really good. I love crescent rolls and use them for so many delicious and yummy treats. Going to try the bacon and cheddar combo soon! Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Anita Rowe Stafford said...

Sounds great! I'm all about making stuff with crescent rolls!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Sue said...

I had to LOL at your first paragraph~boy, can I relate! :) These sound delish!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM , Blogger momto8 said...

i made somthing very similar for Christmas...looked great and was a very big hit! This looks yummy! And so easy..thanks!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Tiffanee said...

OH MAN! Now this is my type of food. Bacon and bread both my biggest weaknesses and loves! These look amazingly delicious!!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Loy said...

These look wonderful. They are going in my Friday Finds this week. I think I will make them tomorrow to go with the Split Pea Soup I posted today. I, too, get a calendar from Pillsbury. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.

 
At January 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

These look delicious, they will not last very long here at The Cottage. I can't wait to make them. Thank you so much for sharing with our 1st Anniversary Party at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

 
At January 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Blogger MrsJenB said...

OMG my husband goes craaaaaaaaaazy for these! Although, because I got so tired of having the filling spill out while I was cutting/placing on cookie sheet, I made individual crescents the last time I prepared them. And they were STILL delicious - just not as pretty! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for looking at the Valentine's! I told Jim about this recipe last night. The ingredients that aren't already in the house are on the new grocery list!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more said...

oh this looks really good!

 
At January 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Those look soooo yummy!! Thanks for sharing!
Beth (TGIF)

 
At January 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could easily see using these as an appetizer when entertaining...unless I ate them all first too!

 
At January 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM , Blogger The Harried Cook said...

I would eat the whole batch too! Looks really good, Erin! Yummy...

 
At January 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Great idea..my kids would be all over it! Have a wonderful day!!!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Sue from Oregon said...

Yummy...I pinned this the other day and made it for breakfast this morning...a big hit. I at least double the cheese and bacon too. I think they were a wee bit off on their amounts!

 
At May 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Blogger MixedKreations said...

These look wonderful. I don't think that I would be able to stop at just one. I think this would make a great quick breakfast meal. I think I will get the stuff to make this up for our breakfast. Thanks for sharing. Pinning and sharing!

Linda

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home