I figured since this had zucchini in it it was healthy. Right? Anything with zucchini is healthy. =o) And I do love quiche. So I decided to make a quiche using zucchini. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I've never had a quiche with zucchini in it but I felt adventurous today.
Zucchini Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Adapted from: Food Network.com
* 1 9 inch pie crust (refrigerated or homemade)
* 10 strips of bacon, cooked
* 1 cup shredded mozarrella
* uncooked, sliced zucchini (enough to cover the bottom of the crust)
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
Place a layer of zucchini in the bottom of the pie crust.
Top with crumbled bacon and cheese.
In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients and pour into pie crust.
Cook in a 375 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes (until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.)
Now that's my idea of healthy!
I'm linking to the parties on my sidebar.