Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Giant Teacher Pencil Filled w/ Goodies {Teacher Appreciation}




I totally get them importance of thanking your teacher.  They do so much work and in today's world...l they do way more than just teach.  Believe me!  I work in a middle school and the things we have to deal with daily are not just math, reading and writing.  

And isn't this a cool way to say thank you to a teacher?  I just loved it!  And they weren't hard to make at all.

Altered Pringles Can Pencil

What you will need:
* empty Pringles can
* card stock (yellow, pink, tan, black and silver)
* Mod Podge
* hot glue gun
* paper crimper
* circle cutter

I used an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of bright yellow card stock for the "pencil".  It's okay that it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the can because that will be covered up by the "eraser".

Use mod podge to glue the paper to the Pringles can.

To make the eraser, cut a pink strip of paper 11" x 1 3/4.
To make the metal band, cut a silver strip of paper 11" x 1".  Use your paper crimper to crimp the silver paper.

Glue the pink paper to the bottom of the can with mod podge.

Now glue the silver piece of paper (overlapping the pink paper a little) with mod podge.

Now cute a yellow strip of paper 11" x 1".  Carefully tear it in half (making it 1/2 inch wide).  This will make the pencil look like it's been sharpened.

To make the "pencil lead" you will need to cut a 5" circle out of tan or caramel card stock.


Cut a 3" circle out of black card stock.  Glue the black circle onto the tan circle (in the middle.)  Make a cut in the circles from the edge to the middle.  Now make a cone shape with the circle (making sure it's the exact same size as the Pringles lid) and glue together.
Glue the cone to the Pringles lid.  Now glue the torn yellow piece of paper to the edge of the Pringles lid so it looks like this.

 Voila!  Giant pencil!


Now fill the cans up with delicious goodies for the teacher!  We chose chocolate of course =o) 

If you want to add No. 1 (instead of No. 2 - get it???)  =o)  I used my cricut machine and cut out the letters/numbers.  I also cut out "Ms. Z" but after gluing it on I didn't do it for the other teachers.   I had a hard time keeping it straight!



I think they turned out great!

How are you going to celebrate your teachers?



I'm linking to the parties on my sidebar.

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At April 18, 2012 at 6:35 AM , Blogger cupsbykim said...

What a great idea!! I cave wait to make one of these!!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

haha so cute! Perfect teacher gift!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

so cute, how fun!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Our Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! But what did you fill them with?

 
At April 18, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Angela said...

I always hate throwing away Pringles cans. I've used them for different crafts, but run out of ideas! This is super cute! But I homeschool so don't have many teachers to give this to....but I guess I could give them to Sunday School teachers instead.

 
At April 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Loves Happy Hour said...

such a cute idea

cheers!
LHH

loveshappyhour.blogspot.com

 
At April 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Michelle Johnnie said...

REally cute idea. I am featuring it today at someday crafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

 
At April 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Tiffanee said...

This is adorable. Im gonna make some. Thank you once again!!

 
At April 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Cozyflier said...

So now we have to eat a bunch of pringles! these are way too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Carrie

www.squarefunk.blogspot.com

 
At April 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

This is so cute! Would love for you to share at our link party..just posted it!
http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/04/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_19.html

 
At April 20, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Kara at Petals to Picots said...

What a neat idea and a great Earth Day project! Thanks for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

 
At April 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Sara said...

SO cute!! ;) Love these. Stopping by from Sun scholars linky!

 
At April 20, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Faith @ Artistic31Mama said...

Oooo what an awesome idea! love it! I just pinned this! Would you consider sharing this at my linky party this week? http://www.artistic31mama.com/2012/04/fabulous-fridays-linky-party-7.html Have a great weekend!

 
At April 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

These are so clever, and so cute!! My daughter would love to make these for her teachers!! Pinned them!

I am a new follower, and I'd love for you to follow me back:)

Shannon@SewSweetCottage

 
At April 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this idea! So cute, pinning!!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are so cute! I love that it's such a fun upcycle project. Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Maria said...

These are awesome!!! So creative, I love it! So simple but such a genius idea!

 
At April 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea

 
At April 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Pinning and loving! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

 
At April 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Those are AWESOME!!! What a great idea!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Tausha said...

Love this idea! It is perfect for both a male and female teacher. We have both at our house,so thank you!!! Great blog, so glad that I found you. Pinning!
have a happy Tuesday!

♥Tausha
sassystyleredesign.com

 
At June 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous cheap jordan shoe said...

Making a well informed choice could ensure that you have a functional and aesthetically pleasing money clip for a long time..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home